Have you ever wondered what customs from around the world are interesting but not well known? Well, wonder no more! In this article, we will explore 5 customs from around the world that you may not have heard of before. Some of these customs may surprise you, and others may make you laugh. So read on to learn about these fascinating customs!
The curious practice of foot-washing in China
Chinese people traditionally wash their feet before sitting down to eat, thanks to the belief that it cleanses the body of impurities. Many people still do it today, thanks in part to the popularity of foot-washing soap products. In some regions of China, it is also customary to rinse off your hands before eating. Chinese people believe that washing your feet will protect you from disease. Some believe that foot-washing can also cure various diseases.
The ancient tradition of eating guinea fowl in Armenia
According to ancient Armenian mythology, eating guinea fowl is said to give you strength and vitality. Guinea fowl are also a popular food in Armenia, and many people enjoy eating them. In fact, the eating of guinea fowl is an ancient tradition, and it is still popular today.
Many people in Armenia believe that eating guinea fowl will make you strong and healthy. Eating guinea fowl is also seen as a sacred act, and it is considered rude to eat them without first asking permission from the elders. The tradition of eating guinea fowl dates back thousands of years, and it is still enjoyed by many people today.
The superstition that vomiting during a pregnancy will cause the baby to be born with a withered arm
Back in ancient times, it was believed that if a pregnant woman vomited, her baby would be born with a withered arm. To prevent this from happening, many women would take to vomiting during their pregnancies to avoid the consequences. Unfortunately, this superstition has led to many health risks for both mother and baby. For example, during pregnancy, the stomach produces a number of hormones that can cause nausea and vomiting. In addition, vomiting can increase the risk of aspiration (a dangerous practice where food and drink are accidentally swallowed), which is especially dangerous when it comes to breastfeeding. Additionally, vomiting during pregnancy can lead to dehydration and malnutrition. And last but not least, it can also cause infections such as gastritis (a condition in which the stomach lining becomes inflamed). Although there’s no evidence that vomiting actually causes a baby to be born with a withered arm, it’s still something to be aware of during your pregnancy.
The bizarre custom of burning a man’s penis after death in Iran
After death, Iranian men must endure a gruesome ritual in which they are burned alive with their penis still attached. This custom is believed to prevent malevolent spirits from entering the afterlife. Fewer than 100 people are reported to have been burned alive since it became a legal punishment in 1990. Despite its macabre nature, the custom remains generally accepted by Iranians.
The practice has been around for centuries, and remains widespread even today. Fewer than 100 people are reported to have been burned alive since it became a legal punishment in 1990. The practice has been around for centuries, and remains widespread even today. Despite its macabre nature, the custom remains generally accepted by Iranians.
The tradition of throwing a baby into the river in Croatia
Traditionally, in Croatia it is tradition to throw newborn babies into the river to rid them of the evil eye. According to Croatian legend, throwing a baby into the river will prevent it from drowning and becoming a demon. In fact, infant drowning is one of the leading causes of death in children under the age of one in Croatia. Despite the dangers, many parents in Croatia still choose to throw their babies into the river. To this day, the practice of throwing newborns into the river continues to be widespread among the Croatian population.
There are many interesting customs from around the world that you may not have known about. Some of these customs may surprise you, while others may make you laugh. However, all of these customs are interesting in their own way. So if you’re ever traveling to any of these countries, be sure to check out the customs that are unique to that country!
- The Importance of Land in a Globalized WorldLand is Your Economy’s Most Valuable Asset Land is a major factor in our lives. We all need it to sustain our daily needs. We also have to pay for it. So, land has become one of the most important factors in our lives and economies. The government has been trying to make the land […]
- Whatever Became of the Yellow Thunderbird?The Yellow Thunderbird is an iconic car from the old TV show “The Dukes of Hazzard.” The show ran for eight seasons from 1979 to 1985 and has a cult following. The car was based on a 1957 Ford Thunderbird, nicknamed the “Yellow Peril.” It was painted bright yellow with a large black racing stripe […]
- The Importance of Land in the Global Economy and How it Affects Farmers, Producers, and ConsumersLand is an important natural resource that can be used for many purposes. It is also a valuable asset in the global economy. Land is a key factor in the global economy, as it provides food, energy, and raw materials to countries all over the world. Land is also an important natural resource that can […]
- How to make your public meeting the best it can be!If you want to make your public meeting the best it can be, follow these tips! By following these guidelines, you’ll create a successful meeting that everyone can enjoy. Tips for making your public meeting successful The first step to making your public meeting a success is to have a clear goal in mind. Without […]
- What does the future of land as a strategic resource hold for us?As the world becomes increasingly crowded, there is a growing need for land to be used sustainably. But how will the future of land be used, and what implications will that have? In this article, we explore some of the key issues surrounding the future of land as a strategic resource, and look at the […]
- Live your best life with your favoriteIf you’re looking to live a better life, check out our favorite lifestyle tips! In this article, we’ll be discussing some of the best ways to improve your overall lifestyle, whether it’s changing your diet, starting a new hobby, or making your home life more comfortable. Tips for living your best life There are many […]
- You’re not alone: America’s prosperous future depends on youThe article You’re Not Alone: America’s Prosperous Future Depends On You discusses how the prosperity of the United States is reliant on individual Americans. According to economist and commentator Stephen Moore, this is because the country can only lose money if its citizens are doing poorly.Moore urges Americans to take advantage of the good economy […]
- The Impact of Development on the Environment: What You Need to KnowAre the benefits of development worth the cost to the environment? Many people would say yes, citing the reduced poverty and improved health and education rates in developing countries. But this progress has come at a cost- increased demand for resources, especially energy, has led to widespread pollution, deforestation, and habitat loss. In this article, […]
- “The Land in the Global Economy: Your Guide to Securing a Prosperous Future”The land in the global economy is more valuable than ever before. Whether you are a farmer, landowner, or just want to be more informed about the land, this guide will give you everything you need to understand the land and secure a prosperous future. What is the land in the global economy? Land is […]